Saturday, February 17, 2007

First Post

As a soccer junkie, it is hard to find an outlet where I can lose all the knowledge I pick up. First off, real quick introduction.

Favorite teams: Fulham ever since Barry Hayles was striker but when McBride came it stuck. I think McBride is easily one of the toughest SOBs to come through the US ranks. Don't get me started on how amazing it is that we have three Americans on that team now. Reading, Bobby Convey, Marcus Hahnemann, Nicky Shorey...you can see that I am American-biased. MLS Philly will be my favorite team as soon as they get their act together and give me a team. For now, in America, I support the DC United - NY Red Bulls rivalry. Most of the time, I don't care who wins.

Introduction is done. Regarding my posts, they will cover an assortment of world soccer, MLS, American soccer, and club soccer stories. At times and when necessary, I will try and zero on certain events so as not to spread my coverage too thin, I look forward to it. I will return shortly.

Ongoing events,

U-23s playing in Japan
CASA (www.phillysoccer.org) Soccer starts Mar. 19
MLS Off-Season
EPL/Ligue 1/La Liga/Bundesliga/Eredivisie, etc,
whatever I can get my hands on/want to talk about.

No comments: