Friday, July 27, 2007

Landon Donovan to the English Premiership?


When has Landon Donovan only spoken to Skysports News. Regardless, the LA Galaxy midfielder says that as he ages he realizes how much he "yearns to play at the highest level". Not only is the English Premiership the highest level, but there are also no language barriers (which apparently threw Donovan for a loop in Germany).

For all those Donovan to San Jose hopefuls, this could introduce more suitors. Or will the failed time at Bayer Leverkusen be enough to ward potential suitors off?

"The older I get and the more I play, the more I'm yearning for that highest level I can play at and I think the Premiership would be the best place the play," he told Sky Sports News.

"If I were to go obviously the language isn't an issue. There are a lot of Americans there. It would be the easiest place the settle, Germany was difficult.

"At the moment I'm happy here, at least for the next few years with Dave (Beckham) here. I want to be a part of this too. Not many people get to be a part of this, so I want to live it."

Source is here...what are you thoughts?

2 comments:

rwphonics said...

wont cut it...though if there's any truth to this story there will be some newly promoted teams interested if for nothing else than his speed. it'll take a hell of an effort though to crack a lineup.

Unknown said...

He calls David Beckham "Dave?"