Thursday, August 2, 2007

There is a Beckham Poser running around Los Angeles

This is funny stuff on Comcast Sports. Read here. I specifically like this blurb...

He failed to show as promised at 10:30 a.m., and then called back to say he'd be coming at 2:30 p.m. That's when skeptical county staff put him on the phone with the Sheriff's Department. Officials wanted to suss out whether he was the real-deal Becks; if so, the department wanted to ensure that the proper security measures were in place.
"It rattled him and he hung up," says Hammond. "I haven't heard from him since."

I don't understand...what WAS the guy trying to do? Coordinate some charity efforts, then run away with the money? I guess we'll never know. I love that the cops won't go any farther with the investigation as the imposter didn't seem to do it for 'personal gain'.

My guess was that it was Landon Donovan. Because he's jealous and wanted to do this:


Thanks to Emma for the tip!

No comments: