Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Best of Luck Chris Coleman


It's all over for Welshman and Fulham head coach Chris Coleman. After a terrible string of results, a decade of service was not enough to keep him employed. Northern Ireland national team coach Lawrie Sanchez will take over on a caretaker basis. This guy is a big reason I am such an English Premiership fan and while I agree he should move on, it is tough to see him go. One of my favorite Cottagers as a player, a person (from what I hear of course), and a coach. And people will admit he was a breath of fresh air after Jean Tigana. He started me out with Barry Hayles, Louis Saha, Steed Malbranque, and Edwin Van der Sar. Don't forget Chris Coleman himself until a car crash knocked him out ta commission. He also helped develop Brian McBride into a premier world class athlete and Carlos Bocanegra into a stalwart defender. Regardless, I wonder where he'll end up next...

No comments: